DIRECTORATE OF MEDICAL SERVICES
Name of the Hospital: GIAPHAM Hospital.
The coordination centers of GIAPHAM: GIAPHAM Organization Health Link Countrywide
To provide quality innovative healthcare and research
Directorate of Medical Services GIAPHAM
(a) GIAPHAM Hospital provides a comprehensive service, available to all irrespective of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. It has a duty to each and every individual that it serves and must respect their human rights. At the same time, it has a wider social duty to promote equality through the services it provides and to pay particular attention to groups or sections of society where improvements in health and life expectancy are not keeping pace with the rest of the population as follows;
- GIAPHAM Hospital bases on clinical need, not an individual’s ability to pay. Directorate of Medical Services GIAPHAM services are free of charge, except in limited circumstances sanctioned by BOD.
- GIAPHAM Hospital aspires to the highest standards of excellence and professionalism – in the provision of high-quality care that is safe, effective and focused on patient experience; in the planning and delivery of the clinical and other services it provides; in the people it employs and the education, training and development they receive; in the leadership and management of its organizations; and through its commitment to innovation and to the promotion and conduct of research to improve the current and future health and care of the population.
- GIAPHAM Hospital reflects the needs and preferences of patients, their families and their careers. Patients, with their families and careers, where appropriate, will be involved in and consulted on all decisions about their care and treatment.
- GIAPHAM Hospital works across organizational boundaries and in partnership with other organizations in the interest of patients, local communities and the wider population. GIAPHAM will be committed to work jointly with local authorities and a wide range of other private, public and third sector organizations at national and local level to provide and deliver improvements in health and well-being.
- GIAPHAM Hospital commits to providing best value funds and the most effective, fair and sustainable use of finite resources. Public funds for healthcare will be devoted solely to the benefit of the people that the Directorate of Medical Services-GIAPHAM serves.
- GIAPHAM Hospital accountable to the GIAPHAM, the Non Governmental Organization that may be funded by government, donors and board of trustees and people it serves where possible. However, most decisions in the Directorate of Medical Services-GIAPHAM, especially those about the treatment of individuals and the detailed organization of services, will be rightly taken by, GIAPHAM Hospital, GIAPHAM Health Link Countrywide and by patients with their clinicians under supervision of GIAPHAM collectively. The system of responsibility and accountability for taking decisions in the Directorate of Medical Services GIAPHAM should be transparent and clear to the BOD of GIAPHAM, government, patients and staff. The NGO will ensure that there is always a clear and up-to-date statement of Directorate of Medical Services-GIAPHAM accountability for this purpose.
(a) GIAPHAM Hospital ascertains that human health is safe and Patients shall:
- Recognize that will make a significant contribution to themselves, and their families, good health and well-being, and take some personal responsibility for it.
- Patient will understand that there are things that we can all do for ourselves and for one another to help it work effectively, and to ensure resources are used responsibly
- Treat GIAPHAM Hospital staff and other patients with respect and recognize that causing a nuisance or disturbance on GIAPHAM premises could result in prosecution.
- Provide accurate information about your health, condition and status.
- Keep appointments, or cancel within reasonable time. Receiving treatment within the maximum waiting times may be compromised unless you do.
- Follow the course of treatment as agreed, and talk to your clinician if you find this difficult.
- Participate in important public health programs such as health awareness and management/or and vaccination.
- Give feedback – both positive and negative – about the treatment and care you have received, including any adverse reactions you may have had.
Role of Director Medical Services
- Overall supervision of the working of the hospital
- Coordination and interaction with the GIAPHAM and ministry of health, Police, Directorate of Estates and other departments.
- Planning, Development and Budget monitoring of the hospital
- Exercise of financial and administrative power delegated to him as “Head of Department”
- Manpower Planning
- Appointing and Disciplinary Authority of employees in medical sector of GIAPHAM.
- Interaction and assigning duties to immediate subordinate officers and Head of Clinical Departments so as to ensure smooth functioning of the hospital
- Official spokesperson of the hospital
- To institute an effective grievance redress system both for the employees and the patients.
- The repository of the information pertaining to the hospital
- To discharge legal responsibilities pertaining to the hospital
- Any other responsibility given by GIAPHAM from time to time.